Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring Break Friday

Friday of Spring break we went to Cortez.  We first went to the bowling alley and for the most part I think the kids loved it.  It did get a little long for Ry girl, but anything gets a little long for her that is not directly focused on her.  We went with MarDawn and Jeanna's family so everyone had a cousin or cousins close to their age.  These days my kids think everything is better with a friend!!

Megs is a pretty good bowler and I love some of the shots I got of her... and in case you didn't know (mom and dad) you can click on the collage and it makes it bigger so you can see all of the pictures better.  Megan bowls palm down instead of palm up.  I don't know how she does it, but it works for her.  Megs wanted me to get a picture of her score...but I want everyone to notice that her cousin Brittany won because that would be important to Brittany.  (Brittany was a little stressed and not having as much fun if she was losing--it was a crack up to watch.)  Megs and all of the older girls were good at helping Macee and Ry bowl.  Megs and Ry are so fun to watch when Megs is being the nice big sister, which I am happy to report she is being more and more often lately.

Here's my Nate boy.  He tried a couple of different techniques including two hands to get the ball down the alley.  He wasn't so great at being real low when he let go of the ball so sometimes it landed with quite the thud.  I know I'm prejudiced, but he is seriously the cutest boy I've ever known.

Ry, was Ry, in the fact that one minute she wasn't going to bowl at all, the next she loved it and the next she just wanted to know when we were going to be done.  She did like throwing the ball, but most of the time she didn't even watch to see how many pens it knocked over.  I am glad Macee was there to help keep her company.  I am also  glad my mom accompanied me on this trip.  My kids not only think that everything is better with a friend,  they also KNOW that everything is better with a grandma.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: