Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring Break Friday 2

After bowling we headed off to lunch, but first the kids wanted a picture by the BIG BULL!!  Well that is everyone but Ry, she thought it was too cold to get out of the van again and she was soooo right.  It was so very cold outside.  I thought my hand might freeze to my camera.  It looks so beautiful, but as it has been said, "looks can be deceiving."  If I didn't get the point across--it was cold, dang cold.
After a quick lunch at Wendy's we headed to the rec center.   Megs and Brooklyn had a blast together, and quite frankly I didn't see them much.  They spent a lot of time in both the lazy river and the yellow tube slide.  Megs did slip on the wet cement and got quite the scrape and bruise--OUCH!!  No pictures though because it was too close to her bum for her to even consider letting me take a picture of it!!
 
I don't think Nate would have cared if none of his friends were there.  He was having a blast!!   He also loved the yellow tube slide, and I'm not sure when we were there last (probably late summer) but he is tall enough I can let him go in the lazy river without me.  Holy Moly he is getting so tall!!  He was all over the place and hard to keep track of, but it was awesome because he is a good enough swimmer and tall enough that I didn't feel like he always had to be in sight. 

This girl, on the other hand, was all over the place thinking she was a fish and I KNEW I had to keep track of her.  Rylan usually likes to swim, but she is usually done after about 1/2 hour and ready to be done, or content to just watch the kids.  THIS GIRL SWAM FOR  3 HOURS AND STILL DIDN'T WANT TO GET OUT!!!  She had so much fun and had no fear.  Everytime we got in the lazy river she would say let go.  And if I did and she went under and I pulled her back up she would just tell me to let go again.  She loved the blue slide, but loved going down the ducky slide with Macee, too.  I love the picture in the middle of this collage.  She would come up from this blue slide like a drowned rat everytime, but she loved it. 
 
It really was a ton of fun.  I'm excited to go back.  My mom decided she would go to Wal-mart while we swam.  She never dreamed that little Ry would let us stay there for over 3 hours.  I'm not saying that Ry always get what she wants......I'm just not saying.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: