Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Slacker

  I was asked to invite more people to my blog today, so I opened it up and I can't believe it has almost been a month since I have posted.  I started this because I wanted to keep some kind of journal and it looks like I will be keeping it updated like I do most journals--very sporadically!! 
  The past couple of weekends we have been in Colorado gathering cows for shipping.  We shipped them out on Monday.  The weather was unbelievably awesome.  I know I have a few picts on my camera from 2 weeks ago, but I didn't get any this last weekend because my battery was dead (insert swearword).  Then I lost my camera, but Deann told me tonight when I was at Dylan's b-day party that it was at her house (insert hurrah).  So hopefully I will get some pictures downloaded soon.  I also want to get a copy of the video Justin made of the talent show that the kids put on this weekend.  This was  the 2nd annual shipping weekend talent show.  The kids plan this for 2 weeks.  Signs are made.  Tickets are made.  Money is made (literally they make fake money for us to buy our tickets and purchase our treats.)  I am afraid that within a few years they will probably be selling t-shirts and CD's for real money. It is great entertainment.  I am not saying that it is the most well done entertainment ever seen, but it is good to see the kids up there trying to perform because some are mighty uncomfortable with it.  OK there are those that love the spotlight too, so it is good for everyone involved.  The girls mostly perform and the boys mc  and walk around selling treats and drinks.  It wasn't quite as cold this year, but we still need to find a better time than 8:30pm to do this thing.  Again, I am so grateful for the great memories my kids get to make with their friends and family.  We live a blessed life.
  Living a blessed life--that was another reason I wanted to do this blog.  I want to remember the good things.  Mostly I want my kids to remember the good things.  A lot of times in my private journal or should I say when I used to keep a sporadic private journal, I would vent a lot.  I go back and read those and think --wow I wasn't in a good mood that day.  I really don't want that to be what I go back and remember, so I'm going to post (mostly) good stuff.  I am sure I will vent because we all need to sometime, but I want to concentrate more on the good things.  There are so many more good things.  Let us remember them!!

No comments: