Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Island







This was one of the funnest things about Colorado. It always is. The kids love to go across the road without the supervision of adults, and the great thing is, is they don't need it. Even if we send the little ones over we know they are going to be watched. And if the kids fight, they must resolve it themselves because we never hear about any bickering. This year all the girls were island girls and the boys were either soldiers or island boys. Their island was awesome. The girls had a house and the boys had a house. They invited each other to dinner and parties. Asa made an awesome cake. Apparently it was for the wedding ceremony that I missed, but I think Jeanna was there for it, so her post may one day show that. I love the imagination the kids have. I love that they know how to be kind to each other. I love that we have the school house in Colorado and that we have that little reunion there on labor day. I went out a couple of times earlier this summer and the kids always have fun, but it is definitely not the same without all of the cousins.

MarDawn says their island reminds her of a favorite book Roxaboxen which I have never seen or read, but now I want too. Anyway this was one of the favorites for the weekend even though there was so much else that went on. Hopefully I will be able to post some more of that great weekend. Again, I am grateful for Preston's family, and the great love these cousins share. I hope they remember these good times, and in a perfect world this labor day weekend will last generations to come.


No comments: