Friday, February 7, 2014

A Good Day

This picture is from August 17, 2013, and I was so proud of myself for remembering to bring the camera.  I started off STRONG and took a picture of us getting gas before we started our adventure.....and I finished WEAK....this was also the last picture I took that day. Dang me. 
Preston had been "wild cow chasing" the day or few days? before, and they had cow that decided she was done moving so we went to get her to butcher her out for meat.  Preston didn't figure he could get her in the trailer by himself since she couldn't stand up, so he took us to assist. 
 We succeeded in loading the cow--Preston mostly told us to stay out of the way. Lots of great picture moments missed by me. On the way back from Elk Ridge, we stopped at the cabin Preston's family owned in Allen Canyon when he was little.  It was beautiful and my kids loved it.  Wish someone would have taken a picture for memories sake or for hell's sake whichever best applies.
 We took the cow Eastland. Lamar shot her in the trailer, and with some serious acrobatic skills (again where is the dang cameraman) Preston was able to get her in the slaughter house. My kids had fun checking out all of her internal organs. Including the baby that was mostly developed inside of her. Can't lie, made me a little sad.

No comments: